September 30, 2016
Botox treatment is a wonderful tool in the fight against aging and can have considerable effects on your appearance and self-confidence. Although there are several benefits, it is an invasive cosmetic procedure and therefore shouldn’t be entrusted to just anyone. Read below to use our tips on how to find the best botox in Reno, NV.
Consider the Cost
The cost can vary quite a bit. Depending on your location, how much is administered, the number of areas you want to have treated, and the area you want to be treated, all affect the cost of your treatment. You should also keep in mind that with Botox, you get what you pay for. Always be wary of practitioners who offer suspiciously ‘cheap’ injections.
Consider the Risks
Although Botox is primarily used for cosmetic reasons, it’s still a serious medical procedure and therefore has some risk factors that you need to consider. Although there have been no fatal incidents recorded, the following are possible risks you need to bear in mind:
- Flu-like symptoms, including a headache, for the first 24 hours after treatment.
- Bruising at the injection site.
- Temporary weakness and drooping of your facial features. For example, eyelids or eyebrows may droop temporarily if the injected medicine moves into these areas.
- Developing resistance to the treatment if it’s repeated too frequently.
A good practitioner will always discuss these potential side effects and risks so you’re fully informed before you make the decision to proceed with treatment. And if you choose your physician carefully, you’re much more likely to avoid potential problems.
Do Your Research
Research, research, then research some more. Knowledge is power, and the more you know the better prepared you’ll be to go under the needle. Botox treatment is a very common and perfectly safe procedure, however, the more you know about it, the more informed a decision you’ll be able to make. And by brushing up on your knowledge, you’ll be better prepared when it comes time for your appointment.
Top Tip: Botox is primarily used for cosmetic purposes such as reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. However, it’s also used for bladder issues, migraines, excess sweating, and eye twitching.
Choose a Qualified Practitioner
As with any medical procedure, you want to be absolutely certain that the person administering your injection(s) is appropriately qualified, licensed and has great recommendations and reviews. Botox Cosmetics recommends asking your prospective specialist these nine questions:
- Do they have medical expertise in facial anatomy? For instance, are they licensed and trained in a field of aesthetic medicine, such as dermatology, cosmetic surgery, or oculoplastic surgery, to name a few.
- How many years of experience do they have?
- How often do they treat patients?
- Do they schedule a follow-up visit after treatment?
- Will they show you before-and-after pictures of other patients they have treated?
- What are the most common side effects they have seen in their clinical experience?
- How should you handle the side effects if you experience any?
- Do they need to know about your medical history? Be prepared to tell your specialist about any medical conditions, including any prescription medications, vitamins, or herbal supplements you are taking.
- Can I set up a consultation?
Be sure to thoroughly research various practitioners and their office. You should only consider trained practitioners and established offices. And be wary of getting treatments done in beauty salons as they may not be the best equipped to perform such a procedure.
Have Realistic Expectations
Botox is a wonderful cosmetic treatment and can have very pleasing results. However, it does have its limits and you shouldn’t expect an instant dramatic difference. Generally, it takes up three days before you can see the start of the results and up to ten days for the finished results. It can last for up to six months, but every individual is different so keep an open mind. Having realistic expectations means you won’t be disappointed or confused.
Connect with Integrated Dermatology of Reno! We have the best botox Reno has to offer with dermatologists that are quite confident in their knowledge and ability to help you achieve the results you want.