February 26, 2021
These days, applying mascara and filling in your brows may seem like a waste of time, especially if you’ve switched to working from home since the pandemic started. While we all want to look our best, even at home, we don’t necessarily want to spend the time to put on a full face of makeup. If you’re like many others who wish they could wake up and get on with their day without having to worry about putting on any makeup, then eyelash tinting and eyebrow tinting may be the solution you’ve been searching for.
What Are Eyelash and Eyebrow Tinting?
Tinting is a very similar process to getting your hair colored. During your lash or brow tint, a licensed technician will apply a special semi-permanent dye to the eyelashes or eyebrows using a soft brush. Then, they will let the dye sit on your lashes or brows for about 10 minutes to let the color attach to the hairs. Once the dye has visibly darkened the pigment of your lashes or brows, the dye will be removed and you’re done!
The procedure takes just about 15-20 minutes to complete and is mostly painless, although some patients have described the process as being uncomfortable. Fortunately, our dermatology office provides the most comfortable accommodations while you’re having your brows or lashes tinted so all you have to do is relax and recline back with your eyes shut while we handle the rest.
Tinting has become extremely popular due to the many advantages the procedure provides. Whether you’re interested in getting brow or lash tinting done to save time in the mornings or wearing makeup isn’t for you but you want to feel more confident, then tinting may be right for you. Consider a tint if you:
- Have naturally blond or light-colored lashes or eyebrows
- Can’t or don’t want to wear mascara
- Have thin eyebrows and want a thicker look
- Want to conceal grey hairs in your brows
- Have changed your hair color and want matching brows
- Want a natural look or to add definition to your face
You won’t have to worry about waking up early to have flawless-looking brows and lashes. The greatest benefit of eyelash and eyebrow tinting is the time you’ll save. You also won’t have to worry about buying mascara or brow products which will save you money in the long run.
Eyelash and eyebrow tints are relatively safe to use and is created specifically to be applied to sensitive skin areas, such as the face. Typically, a brow or lash tint will last between 3-5 weeks. There are extra steps you can take to prolong the life of your tint such as avoiding UV lights and washing your face with gentle, mild cleansers.
Like with any type of coloring or tinting, you should follow all recommended protocols to keep your brows and lashes looking and feeling healthy. Follow these aftercare instructions to ensure your lash or brow tint lasts as long as possible:
- Do not touch or rub your eyes, eyelashes, or eyebrows immediately after the treatment.
- If redness or irritation occurs, gently apply a cool damp cotton compress to the eye area.
- Strong sunlight/UV light can make the tint color fade more quickly, so try to limit your exposure to this type of light.
- Avoid washing your hair, eyelids, eyelashes, eyebrows, or swimming for 24 hours. Also, avoid exfoliating facial cleansers and opt for a gentle facial cleanser or eye makeup remover instead.
- Do not apply makeup or mascara to lashes or receive any other eye treatments for at least 24 hours after the lash or brow tinting treatment.
- Try to use oil-free facial products around the eye area to prolong the color of your tint.
Connect with Integrated Dermatology of Reno
Eyelash and eyebrow tinting is a great way to ensure your lashes and brows look beautifully done at all times. And the best part is there’s no need to apply makeup each day to achieve this look. More and more patients have been turning to lash and brow tinting to gain back their confidence, and it’s easy to see why. To learn more about our eyebrow and eyelash tinting services in Reno NV, contact Integrated Dermatology of Reno. Let one of our skilled technicians walk you through the process, the prices, and any questions you may have.