As a woman, we are told to never shave our faces, but dermaplaning has changed the name of the game. Dermaplaning involves taking a blade like tool and gently scraping off any dead skin cells and unwanted hair off of your face. It is a skin resurfacing procedure that uses a special surgical blade to scrape away the surface layer of dead skin cells and fine hairs from the face. The controlled scraping safely refines the treated area by allowing the underlying layer of smooth, clear, undamaged skin to emerge. This procedure is most often used to improve the appearance of skin by removing unwanted light hair, as well as to prevent dead skin buildup. This procedure is best used in combination with aesthetic procedures such as chemical peels, IPL, and microdermabrasion.
True or False: Dermaplane Editions
- True or False. My hair grow back thicker: False. When it comes to dermaplaning, or shaving in general, your hair never grows back thicker. The color and texture of your hair remains the same, and over time you might notice that your facial hair will grow back thinner or not at all.
- True or False: It will give me acne: False. It will in fact do the opposite. The treatment will work to remove any dead skin from the face, leaving a smooth surface, while also getting rid of any bacteria that could be clogging your pores.
- True or False. It will hurt: Very False. The procedure may sound terrifying, but it is actually quite painless. The tiny blade carefully removes and exfoliates your skin, giving you a beautiful glow.
- True or False. The treatment will improve the look and feel of my skin: True! Many people decide to try dermaplaning to improve the overall look and feel of their skin. The procedure will leave you with fresh, renewed skin.
- Pro-tip: While you can perform this procedure in the comfort of your own home, it is best to have this procedure performed by a professional.
Contact Integrated Dermatology of Reno to get the best dermaplaning Reno has to offer!